We currently host three Junior aquathlons — in March, August and October. These events are a really great way of introducing young athletes to the work of triathlon and are always lots of fun. Read more about LFTC aquathlons.
We currently are working along side Access Sport and Hackney Quest to provide sessions on Monday evenings to those Juniors who may not have previously had access to such facilities. It is very important to us that we support the local community and provide everybody with the opportunity to participate. These are a mix of newbies to swimming and intermediate swimmers.
Our main Juniors sessions are held at Saturdays.
Block 8: 18th February – 18th March
This is a Junior session aimed at developing young triathletes.
For ages 8–15. The session will be divided into age and ability.
NOTE: For the bike sessions you can bring your own (plus helmet), but if you need to hire a bike this is absolutely fine — you can hires bikes at £8 for juniors at the centre.
Please bring suitable trainers and clothes for the run/bike session.
- Block 1 — 14th May – 11th June
- Block 2 — 18th June – 16th July
- Block 3 — 23rd July – 20th August
- Block 4 — 3rd September – 1st October
- Block 5 — 8th October – 5th November
- Block 6 — 12th November – 10th December
- Block 7 — 7th January – 4th February
- Block 8 — 18th February – 18th March
- Block 9 — 25th March – 22nd April
- Block 10 — 29th April – 27th May
If you would like anymore information or have questions please contact us on juniors [at] lftri.co.uk
Tristar, Youth and Junior categories cover ages 8 through to 20.
As with all triathlon age groups, the age band category that you fall into depends on your age on December 31st in the year of competition.