Starting Tuesday, 4th of April, LFTC will be coaching 5-week Bike & Run training course on the closed-road circuit at Lee Valley VeloPark. The sessions will be run in two groups: novice/first-timer and intermediate/advanced athletes, with athletes free to swap between groups as they wish. These sessions will get you ready for the first club race of the season: http://lftri.co.uk/races
For novice athletes, the coaches will walk you through the basic skills required in triathlon and duathlon, such as bike handling and transition, and give you the knowledge and confidence to train and compete at your level.
- Week 1, Tuesday, April 04: Introduction to Transition skills + brick (bike & run) session
- Week 2, Tuesday, April 11: Race sim (duathlon: run/bike/run)
- Week 3, Tuesday, April 18: Bike handling and time trial
- Week 4, Tuesday, April 25: Race sim (duathlon: run/bike/run)
- Week 5, Tuesday, May 02: Race preparation + brick (bike & run) session
- Week 6, Monday, May 08: Race sim (duathlon: run/bike/run)
For intermediate/advanced athletes, we will be honing your existing triathlon and duathlon experience and working on advanced race skills to give you the competitive edge ― saving you precious time on the blue carpet!
The six week course will include:
- advanced transition skills — flying mount and flying dismount
- bike handling skills
- simulated races
- individual time trial
What will you need?
- a bike, a helmet, running shoes and you
- can bring bike shoes if you have them but not required