London Fields Triathlon Club AGM, November 2nd, 2014 — Meeting opened 12.40pm
- Welcome and Attendees
- Review & accept AGM Minutes for 2014
- Review of 2014
- Looking ahead to next year
- New Committee Format Proposed
- Lifetime Membership nominations
- Coaches report
- Committee Elections
- Any Other Business
Welcome and Attendees
Review & accept AGM Minutes for 2014
Copies available to read. No issues raised. Accepted and moved on.
Review of 2014
Rohan Byles (Chairman), Amanda Wilmer (Club Secretary)
- Loads of brand new faces
- London League — 1st Womens
- Four AG Winners
- New GB Representatives @ Middle Distance
- First Kona
- First National Champion
- Monday night brick sessions
- Duathlon @ QEOP
- Junior Aquathlon
Looking ahead to next year
Rohan Byles (Chairman), Amanda Wilmer (Club Secretary)
- Lido Floodlights — now open 6am to 8pm from mid-December. Potential move of Wednesday fitness swim to London Fields Lido.
- Eight new coaches starting — six L1 and two L2.
- Exciting new training trips:
- Day trips
- Weekend camps for single discipline (UK based)
- Week long camps, maybe two if interest
- Duathlon Series @ QEOP
- Two Juniors Aquathlons — training block leading into junior London League.
New Committee Format Proposed
Rohan Byles (Chairman) — Thank you to current committee (all stood down).
- Chairman (2 years)
- Club Secretary
- Members Secretary
- London League Coordinator
- Club Diarist
- Club Treasurer
- Events Secretary
- Juniors Secretary
- Head Coach
- Communications Officer
- Welfare Officer
- ParaTri Officer
- Kit Secretary
- Senior Aquathlon Coordinator
- Junior Aquathlon Coordinator
- Duathlon Coordinator
- Child Protection Officer
- Social Secretary
- Coach’s Assistant
- Group Ride Coordinator
- Cross Country Coordinator
- Wild Swim Coordinator
Questions on committee format:
How do we better introduce new members/new people at training? New Members Secretary/review ways that new sign ups are introduced/let the coaches know/let Captains know. Feedback options — post to Facebook/email club address/email Welfare Officer.
Lifetime Membership nominations
Rohan Byles (Chairman) — Karl Grainger and Kath Brasier, both accepted.
Chairman (2 years, role will be vacant from next year)
Nominee Proposed Seconded Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Rebecca Shepherd Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Amanda Wilmer Clare Shakespeare Seb Arroyave Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Abigail Boswell Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed
London League Coordinator
Nominee Proposed Seconded Hannah Troop Amanda Wilmer Rohan Byles Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Nick Brackenbury Dom Bloomfield Rohan Byles Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Rebecca Shepherd Scott Millar Rohan Byles Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Seb Arroyave Amanda Wilmer Rohan Byles Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Chantal Mummery Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed — Stuart Hitchcock to assist
Nominee Proposed Seconded Tim Smith Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded John Kennedy Amanda Wilmer Dom Bloomfield Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Rebecca Shepherd Clare Shakespeare Gail Wilkinson Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Matt Charlton Rohan Byles Hannah Troop Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Katharine Hibbert Shahab Uddin Rohan Byles Elected unopposed — pending CRB check
Nominee Proposed Seconded Donna DeWick Clare Shakespeare Dom Bloomfield Elected unopposed — Dom Bloomfield and Tim Smith to assist
Nominee Proposed Seconded Nathan Dytor Hannah Troop Rohan Byles Elected unopposed
Senior Aquathlon Coordinator
Nominee Proposed Seconded Sarah Allen - - Joanna Ruck - - John Kennedy - - TBD
Junior Aquathlon Coordinator
Nominee Proposed Seconded Kate Lambert Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Lauri Kytömaa Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed
Child Protection Officer
Nominee Proposed Seconded Becky Booth Clare Shakespeare Rohan Byles Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Colin Steele Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed
Nominee Proposed Seconded Wei-Ho Ng Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed
Group Ride Coordinator
Nominee Proposed Seconded Peter Horrell Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed — Judith Crichton and Wei-Ho Ng to assist
Cross Country Coordinator
Nominee Proposed Seconded Joe Dale Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed — Adam Parkes and Ruth Ashton to assist
Wild Swim Coordinator
Nominee Proposed Seconded Tim P. Smith Rohan Byles Amanda Wilmer Elected unopposed —Teri Pengilley and Kath Hibbert to assist
Any Other Business
- Forum — addition to website to facilitate rides and club communication.
- Standardising of rides. Led rides — club reputation on kit/bike standards/tyre condition/rule set around participation.
- Cross country met league — winter training/local races/low entrance fee/possible CTS races.
- Fundraising — query regarding funding applications and have we tried to access any money?
- Not to date but limited by low number of juniors.
- Bookwhen system — is it practical? Do people find it easy to use?
- Membership drivers — do we need to advertise? Should we be attracting new members?
- Money — what should we do with the club money? Bike boxes. More garmins. New committee to decide.
- Information sessions — possible presentation on how to plan season, running technique. Any suggestions welcome — send to coaches
- Spin bikes at Lido — potential brick sessions for next season. Also handy for juniors.
Meeting closed 14.15pm