In last week's blog we let you know what races LFTC would be targetting this year. What this means is that our training sessions will be geared towards preparing you for these events.
2015 has kicked off and it won't be long before the first races of the season are upon us. It's time to talk training, racing and laying it on the line for club and maybe even country!
Tomorrow is D-day for the Crystal Palace Triathlon. Entries open around midday January 12th so get your finger on the button ready to go. This is a fantastic sprint distance triathlon with a 750m pool swim followed by a challenging 20km bike on closed roads with plenty of ups and downs, twists and turns and finally a 5km run with more ups and downs and finishing on the famous Crystal Palace athletics track. It will sell out within hours so block the diary from 11:30-12:30 and get yourself in there!
We have a host of other races for you to show off your LFTC kit at. Here is a list of those events that we will train for and aim to race at as a club:
London League races - races we will target as a club are in italics but feel free to enter the other races if you think they suit your strengths or you just fancy giving them a go.
- 6th April 2015 Thames Turbo Triathlon Race 1
- 19th April 2015 Kingfisher Aquathlon - club event
- 26th April 2015 Ful-on Duathlon
- 10th May 2015 Crystal Palace Triathlon - sprint triathlon club championships
- 7th June 2015 Clash of Tritons aquathlon
- 14th June 2015 Jetstream at MTS sprint distance triathlon - club event
- 28th June 2015 Windrush Aquathlon
- 6th Sept 2015 Capital Tri Splash and Dash - aquathlon club championships
- 4th Oct 2015 London Fields Aquathlon - volunteers required
- 25th Oct 2015 Jekyll & Hyde Park Duathlon - duathlon club championships
If you are going for London League honours you must participate in at least one triathlon and it is your best four results that will decide whether or not you get a spot on the podium. I suggest you don't put all your eggs in four baskets though. Choose four 'A' races and another one or two 'B' races so you have a few race results up your sleeve.
In addition we have a few bigger challenges for you with some sprint, standard (Olympic) and middle distance races to compete in too:
- 12th July 2015 Weymouth Bay Triathlon - sprint, standard and middle distance options
- 1st and 2nd Aug 2015 Cotswolds Standard Distance Triathlon
- 23rd Aug 2015 Cotswolds Classic middle distance triathlon - middle distance club championships
- 20th Sept 2015 North Norfolk Triathlon - standard distance club championships
The girls team took out the London League last year and we had four individual age group winners too (3 of the girls and 1 of the boys). This year we go for the overall win which means the boys are going to have to lift their game to match the strength of our formidable girls!
See you Tuesday night, Tim (LFTC Coach).
Next training session
- Date: Sunday, 1st February 2015
- Time: 08:00 - 09:00
- Location: London Fields Lido, London Fields, London E8 3EU
The Triathlon England London League
The London League is a series of races each season — duathlons, aquathlons and triathlons — organised by clubs in the London area. It is a great way for novice triathletes making their first forays into the world of triathlon and a healthy source of local competition for more experienced triathletes.
See our Triathlon England London League page for more information.